Monday, March 23, 2009

DhGate Guitars

So over the last year a few guitars bought at dhgate have gone through my hands. these are cheaply made counterfeit guitars. However they are easily spotted as fakes even by the n00b.

The reason I bought the guitars was simply due to the great value for money. Les Paul copies in hard leather cases for $310AU, pretty much any 4, 5 or 6 string bass guitar in a hard case for $270AU, decent acoustic guitars with cases for $300, fender copies for $260 in cheap cases...

Now that the Australian dollar has gone down it's not such good value for me, but the opportunity is still there for many.
The problems with the site is there are many scam sellers who will attempt to steal your money by taking your paypal money into a new paypal account of theirs, then emptying the funds before paypal can take the money back (in which case paypal will cover the costs... so you're pretty safe).

Also, the seller I dealt with would often tell me she had the guitar I wanted even when she didn't, then would send something similar. this was partly due to ignorance, but usually due to not wanting to lose the sale. despite this, the seller was still ok as other sellers on the website simply couldn't compete with the prices.

I'd just like to add a note that I mainly bought most of these guitars to experiment with different types of guitars... I don't resell these guitars as real instruments and when I play them myself I cover up the fake brand names. also anyone that tries to sell these as the real thing is an idiot because it is a bad way to make money and you will simply get caught, the guitars are simply not very good quality, sometimes with parts missing or paint fading.















This was probably the nicest copy I played... so smooth and great Les Paul tone...













Les Paul case... so nice.















wish I still had this jazz bass copy (even though it said precision bass on the headstock, lol)















Gibson 335 copy... this was heaps good besides the pickups getting a bit too much feedback.
















Nice looking unbranded headstock...














"MOURLLY From Italian and High Quality Protessional Guitars"... classy
















pretty nice bass overall... and it turns out they must of made a spelling error with the brand also, as I cannot find "Mourlly" Guitars anywhere...
































frank's "Made in USA" tele..











My main acoustic Guitar... apparently a fender copy.


If you are interested in buying from dhgate, contact xianglong (and say I sent you, haha). Even if the item is not in her store she will most probably be able to get it for you if it is on dhgate. However her prices are not always competitive with non guitar based items. Also be careful to check the feedback of any seller you are considering buying from, check the shipping rates (ask for quotes including shipping) etc...

7 comments:

  1. Hello, thanks for your comments. I'm traying to deal with a seller but he's giving me a hard time....barely can speak or write in english. I tried your seller, but apparently she does not exist anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, it's hard to get objective info about these guitars, I want to buy a bass from Dhgate and i found sellers who ofers basses such as warwick, spector, GnL, Lakland, alembic. in picture is a genuine bass but pictures are totaly stoled from ebay, other type of sellers ofering fake jazz, precision and stigray basses it's obvious that in picture fake. Is it possible that i'll buy that fake warwick or spector but they will send to me just some bass that dont reminds warwick at all? sorry for bad English:>

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is these counterfeit guitars overall get a pretty decent rating. Especially considering that a genuine Gibson, Fender or Tokai will set you back a couple thousand bucks! I am currently negotiating w/ someone on dhgate for a Tokai love rock, les paul copy. I have seen guys on youtube comparing them, disparaging them, yakking about the pickups and how they need to switch them, etc. One guy had a LP Custom counterfeit that he had changed everything on. I don't get it. A good cheap guitar is it's own reward!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miami Dolphins running back Jay Ajayi knows ... Miami: 0: 0: 0 .000 Head ... NFL and the NFL shield design are registered trademarks of the National Football League
    https://www.jerseyshop.cn

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a brilliant blog! I'm very happy with your job!..
    best ellipticals under 500 dollars

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I'm my opinion there mostly not made is us so what's the big deal I spend 600 bucks on a schecter made in Korea lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every low end guitar is likely farmed out to one of these factories. Just bought a PRS Custom 22 clone, dirt cheap, and well reviewed [setup is always needed. People get mad when they need neck adjustment, action and intonation which is standard maintenance. Smh.]

    ReplyDelete